At Glen Cove Massage, we want to help you feel better. If you
- have unresolved discomfort or pain from an old or recent injury, illness, accident, surgery, trauma
- feel tense and stressed out; or depressed and disconnected
- are undergoing treatment for cancer or other serious illness
- just feel creaky and old, with aches and pains
- feel pretty good, and would like to feel even better!
- want to upgrade your athletic performance
- are pregnant
- need a vacation... but only have an hour!
...we've helped many others dealing with such conditions, and we'd like to help you.
People on our table have found relief from a wide range of acute and chronic pain, emotional distress, and existential malaise. We can help with
- relief of various pains: back pain, headaches, PMS, sciatica, shoulder pain, carpal tunnel pain, arthritis, sub-clinical/idiopathic pain, more
- stress relief -- find rest, renewed energy & optimism, rejuvenation; emotional integration
- recovery from accident, injury (including old injuries and scars), surgery, illness, trauma
- gentle bodywork for people in fragile conditions: trauma, cancer, other serious illnesses, abuse, end of life.
As examples, people have found relief from
- sub-clinical pain and anxiety after emergency open heart surgery;
- post-traumatic stress after a natural disaster;
- chronic shoulder pain stemming from an accident 15 years earlier
- dissatisfaction with life circumstances;
- a sense of alienation from one's own body.
If you feel good, we'll help you feel even better! Experience a greater sense of well-being and vitality, and a deeper sense of connection with yourself & with life.
We draw upon a wide range of techniques, as needed:
- polarity energy work
- lymphatic drainage
- yoga therapy
Our techniques range from vigorous (eg, for athletes) to extremely gentle (eg, for very sensitive people).
"I believe that the LMT [licensed massage therapist] is the professional best suited to treat the major physical issues of our time comprehensively -- whether hip, shoulder, knee, foot, low back, neck, or anything else. You have the time to engage a process with the client, you can educate and soothe, and you can work with the nervous system, muscles and joints all at the same time."
George Russell, DC